2015 Scholarship Information
Scholarship information, including listing of available scholarships, applications, and deadlines will be available on the GFOA website in the fall.
2014 Scholarship Winners
Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship
The 2014 Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship of $11,000 is available to a full-time graduate student who is pursuing an advanced degree preparing for a career in state or local government finance. This scholarship isfunded by the Girard Miller Foundation.
- 2014 Recipient - Craig West, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, TX
Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship
The 2014 Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship of $6,000 (each award) is available for award to two undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in full-time study preparing for acareer in state and local government finance. This scholarship is funded by the Government Finance Officers Association
- 2014 Recipient - Danielle Hickman, University of Akron, Akron, OH
- 2014 Recipient - Melissa Marshall, University of La Verne, Laverne, CA
Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship
The Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship of $6,000 is available for award in 2014 to an upper-division undergraduate or graduate student of public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, political science, economics, or business administration (with a specific focus on government or nonprofit management). The purpose of the Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship is to recognize outstanding performance by minority students preparing for careers in state and local government finance. This scholarship is funded by Tyler Technologies.
- 2014 Recipient - Daniella Davila Aquije, University of Toronto, Toronto, OR
Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship
The Goverment Finance Professional Development Scholarship of $6,000 (each award) is available for award in 2014 to four students enrolled in part-time graduate study that are employees of a state or local government and are preparing to continue their career in state and local government finance. This scholarship is funded by the Government Finance Officers Association Scholarship Reserve.
- 2014 Recipient -Alicia Gilpatrick Gardiner, University of Southern Maine, Muskie School of Public Service, Portland, ME
- 2014 Recipient -John Jacobs, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh, WI
- 2014 Recipient -Joy Thao, Metropolitan State University, Saint Paul, MN
- 2014 Recipient -Dominic Brendan Turner, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, College Park, MD
Other Available Scholarships
Women in Public Finance