Sacramento, CA (Hyatt Regency Sacramento)
Accounting and financial reporting professionals with at least two years of experience, or who have attended the GFOA’s Intermediate Governmental Accounting seminar or an equivalent program.
This seminar provides a detailed examination of selected governmental accounting topics. Emphasis throughout is placed on the practical application of generally accepted accounting principles.
Those who successfully complete this seminar should understand the appropriate accounting and financial reporting for:
- Capital assets;
- Compensated absences;
- Risk financing;
- Pensions, other postemployment benefits, and termination benefits;
- Joint ventures and similar arrangements;
- Conversion and consolidation of fund data for inclusion in government-wide financial statements;
- Pollution remediation and landfill closure and postclosure care costs;
- Rebatable arbitrage;
- Service concession arrangements (public-private partnerships);
- Sales and pledges of receivables and future revenues;
- Nonexchange financial guarantees; and
- Government combinations.