The GFOA's Awards for Excellence in Government Finance recognize innovative programs – contributions to the practice of government finance that exemplify outstanding financial management. The awards stress practical, documented work that offers leadership to the profession and promotes improved public finance. Entries may be submitted for consideration in any of the following Award for Excellencecategories:
- Accounting, auditing, and financial reporting
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Capital finance and debt administration
- Economic development and capital planning
- E-Government and technology
- Management and service delivery
- Pensions and benefits
- Treasury and investment management
Eight criteria are examined when considering an application for the award: local significance and value, technical significance, transferability, documentation, the cost/benefit analysis, efficiency, originality, and durability. Membership in the GFOA is not required to apply for an award; however, nonmembers and students must be sponsored by an active GFOA member.
Please read the FAQs for complete information about the Awards for Excellence program. If you have additional questions, send an e-mail to Awards for Excellence.