Finance staff, new chief financial officers, and those who are responsible for their entity’s debt management.
Issuers are accountable for providing numerous disclosures to the public and investors related to their bond transaction. This session will cover the information issuers need to provide to the market when they prepare the official statement and issue debt, as well as the ongoing continuing disclosure responsibilities that must be undertaken for the lifetime of the bond. The webinar will review GFOA’s Best Practices on these issues, recent SEC activities in this area, and information about the MSRB’s Electronic Municipal market Access (EMMA) system – where all disclosure documents must be submitted.
Issuers have numerous disclosure responsibilities related to their bond transaction. This session will cover both the primary disclosure responsibilities associated with preparing official statements as well as ongoing continuing disclosure responsibilities. An up-to-date overview of SEC regulations in this area, as well as information about the Electronic Municipal Market Access system will also be highlighted.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various debt instruments available to state and local governments
- Develop effective policy guidelines for debt management
- Bring awareness to using and hiring outside finance professionals
- Understand issuer disclosure responsibilities
- Get the most out of rating agency presentations