Under general direction, manages and coordinates the procurement function for the City of Boulder City including the financial and legal oversight of all City purchases, and performs related duties as assigned.
Representative Duties Include:
- Oversees, manages, and coordinates the City of Boulder City purchasing function and assigned staff; responsible for the financial and legal oversight of all City purchases; develops and implements purchasing policies and procedures; coordinates with the City Clerk's Office and the City Attorney's Office to ensure compliance with state and federal law; keeps abreast of changes to NRS
- Represents the City on multiple regional purchasing councils and boards; utilizes national cooperatives and partners with other entities/agencies to develop joint and cooperative agreements
- Coordinates and collaborates with other City departments to enhance purchasing related activities; provides direction; develops and provides training; promotes consistent practices; expands services and keeps department management informed of options and changes; oversees the disposal of City surplus
- Oversees, monitors, and forecasts needs for assigned budget; participates in Department strategic planning, performance management, and budget planning processes and activities
- Oversees the administration of all City purchasing related contracts including developing, reviewing, and approving; conducts analysis on trending and legal compliance; reviews and makes recommendations on all Citywide contracts submitted for Finance Director's signature
- Oversees purchase order expenditures to ensure that the city's guidelines are in accordance with state statutes, municipal codes and approved policies and procedures
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommends, within department policy and appropriate service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures of public purchasing and contract administration for goods, services, and construction; principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation; Nevada Revised Statutes and other federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations governing procurement procedures and purchasing operations; standard office and record keeping principles and practices. • Ability to manage, organize, and review the work of personnel; communicate clearly; analyze complex purchasing issues; develop and implement sound, cost effective and efficient purchasing and contracting standards, processes, and procedures; interpret, apply, and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, codes, and regulations; prepare comprehensive analyses, reports, and presentations; and analyze requisitions and review specifications for clarity and appropriateness. • Skill in interpreting, applying, and making determinations relating to purchasing policies, procedures, and regulations in order to ensure City compliance with all applicable requirements.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business or public administration or a related field • Six (6) years of increasingly responsible purchasing experience that included two (2) years of government procurement experience and two (2) years of supervisory experience Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered • Prefer possession of a public purchasing certification