GFOA's Federal Liaison Center - Our Mission:
The mission of the Federal Liaison Center is to inform GFOA members about federal legislation, regulations, judicial actions, and policies that affect public finance functions and to represent the interests of GFOA in Washington, DC. Center staff collects, analyzes, and disseminates information to GFOA members and provides policymakers with information on GFOA positions.
The center's activities include participating in many working groups with other state and local organizations on issues of importance to GFOA members including: public financing, tax, pension and benefits, and banking issues. We maintain close working relationships with many regulatory agencies including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), and have constant dialogue with other organizations such as the National Association of Counties (NACo), the National League of Cities (NLC), the National Governors Association (NGA), and the National Association of State Treasurers (NAST).
We always appreciate and would like your input and suggestions about the GFOA's Washington activities. Please e-mail or Emily Brock with your ideas.
- 2016 GFOA Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- Bank-Qualified Municipal Bonds Resource Center
- Liquidity Coverage Ratio Rule/HQLA Resource Center
- Federal Tax Exemption on Municipal Bond Interest Resource Center
- Marketplace Fairness Act and RTPA Resource Center
- Municipal Advisor (MA) Rule Resource Center
- Affordable Care Act Resource Center
- Internet Tax Freedom Act Resource Center
- Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation (MCDC) Initiative Center
- Pension Resource Center