Criteria for Review of Plans
- Does the plan contain sufficient detail to guide a successful implementation?
- Is the plan achievable?
- Will plan implementation create sustained public value (rather than a quick fix that causes problems later)?
- Does the plan build core capabilities that support financial sustainability (e.g., improve teamwork, strategic thinking)?
- Will the plan make a real difference in the organization’s performance (rather than just a marginal improvement)?
- Does the plan help size the government to the level of revenues that are available?
- Are financial projections realistic?
- Do plans include performance measures that indicate, in a timely and accurate fashion, that the organization is on track?
Back to Using a Team Approach