Strategies for Managing the Transition to Performance Management - January 30, 2013
Group Internet-based course
Course level: Intermediate
CPE credits: 2
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Who Will Benefit
This session is designed for finance officers, managers, and others responsible for implementing and managing performance management and measurement systems and practices. The session will be specifically focused on strategies for overcoming common forms of resistance to performance management.
Performance management promises better results, better information for making decisions, improved transparency, and enhanced accountability. The transition to performance management requires a culture change, not just the introduction of new practices. Further, as with any major organizational change, areas of resistance must be identified and overcome. Whether resistance stems from concerns about time, expertise or resources required, or skepticism about actual benefits, performance management practitioners have identified successful mitigation strategies. This webinar will focus on how to navigate the transition to a performance management culture and address common forms of resistance. Speakers will also discuss some of the typical “myths” and fears associated with performance management and will provide attendees with proven strategies for addressing them.
This session will provide best practices and strategies for overcoming common performance management implementation challenges. Participants in the webinar will:
- Learn how to prepare for implementation of performance management
- Identify effective communication strategies to inform and gather feedback from key stakeholders in the process
- Learn approaches for how to identify and deal with resistance
- Identify common fears stakeholders may express with performance management and how to overcome them
- Explore successful case study examples from governments that were successful in implementing a culture of performance management Understand key strategies and helpful tips for leading the transition to performance management
- A Performance Management Framework for State and Local Government: From Measurement and Reporting to Management and Improving
GFOA member: $85 Nonmember: $160