Competitive vs. Negotiated Bond Sales - March 14, 2013
Group Internet-based course
Course level: Basic
CPE credits: 2
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm (Eastern)
Who Will Benefit
Finance staff, new chief financial officers, and those who are responsible for their entity’s debt management.
Participants will be provided with the tools and techniques needed to understand issuing and managing their jurisdiction’s debt.
GFOA best practices encourage governments to carefully consider the method of sale for their transaction. This session will highlight GFOA best practices and provide participants with an overview of the differences between competitive and negotiated sales, offer tools to help determine which type of sale is best for their transaction, and will emphasize the issuer’s responsibilities with each type of sale.
- Debt Issuance and Management: A Guide for Smaller Governments
- An Elected Official’s Guide: Debt Issuance
- A Guide for Preparing a Debt Policy
- Tax-Exempt Financing: A Primer
- Benchmarking and Measuring Debt Capacity
GFOA member: $85 Nonmember: $160