Credit Ratings and Credit Enhancements - April 24, 2013
Course level: Basic
CPE credits: 2
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Who Will Benefit
Finance staff, new chief financial officers, and those who are responsible for their entity’s debt management.
Participants will be provided with the tools and techniques needed to understand issuing and managing their jurisdiction’s debt.
It is essential that the finance office understand the credit rating process. This session will discuss the relationship between issuers and rating agencies and give tips on making the best rating agency presentations. The session will also discuss the use of credit enhancements.
- Debt Issuance and Management: A Guide for Smaller Governments
- An Elected Official’s Guide: Debt Issuance, second edition
- A Guide for Preparing a Debt Policy
- Tax-Exempt Financing: A Primer, revised edition
- Benchmarking and Measuring Debt Capacity (GFOA Budgeting Series, Vol. 1)
Price: $85 Active/Associate Member; $160 Nonmember