Certificate of Conformance: The GFOA's New Program for Small Governments that Prepare Modified Cash Basis Financial Reports - September 18, 2013
Group Internet-based course
Course level: Basic
CPE credits: 1
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern)
Who Will Benefit
Accounting or auditing professionals interested in modified cash basis financial reporting for local governments and the GFOA's new Certificate of Conformance Program for Small Government Annual Financial Reports (Certificate of Conformance Program).
The GFOA has announced a new professional recognition program designed to help the thousands of small governments that prepare financial statements on a modified cash basis, rather than in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), to improve the quality of their financial reporting. This interactive Internet training session will:
- Offer guidance on the practical application of modified cash basis financial reporting, and
- Review the GFOA's recommendations concerning the format and contents of a small government annual financial report (SGAFR).
To provide participants with the information they need to prepare and submit a SGAFR to the Certificate of Conformance Program
- Mike Crawford, Chairman Emeritus, Crawford & Associates, P.C., and author of the AICPA Practice Aid Applying OCBOA in State and Local Government Financial Statements (Bio)
- Krisztina Dommer, Senior Manager, Technical Services, GFOA (Bio)
- Robert Scott, Assistant City Manager/Chief Financial Officer for the City of Carrollton, TX (Bio)