Government staff who are responsible for securing banking services for their entity.
Governments use a variety of banking services related to deposits, disbursements, and the safekeeping of public funds. In so doing, governments should develop appropriate policies and procedures for the selection of banking and treasury management vendors, and the ongoing management of these services. This course will provide an overview of the variety of banking services typically used by governments and the various factors that should be included in RFPs and internal policies and procedures to ensure proper controls and the most appropriate and cost effective banking services.
- Review and understand GFOA’s best practice, Procurement of Banking Services.
- Discuss the variety of banking services commonly used today by governments, including electronic banking services.
- Understand the ongoing management responsibilities associated with using outside vendors.
- Evaluate how to compare cost/benefits associated with specific services, as well as review various fee structures commonly used.
- Review a case study of a government’s use of RFPs and decision-making process for their banking services.