Now Available: GAAFR Supplement
There have been several developments affecting accounting, auditing, and financial reporting for state and local governments since the Governmental Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (GAAFR or Blue Book) was published in 2012. First, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has released four new standards. Second, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) of theTreadway Commission has issued a significantly expanded version of its classic Internal Control Integrated Framework. The GAAFR Supplement contains the following new material to address those developments:
- A supplement to Chapter 22, Detailed Note Disclosures, which accounts for changes in note disclosure requirements resulting from the issuance of the three new GASB standards;
- A new version of Chapter 23, Pension Benefits, Other Postemployment Benefits (OPEB), and Termination Benefits, rewritten to reflect the new guidance on employer accounting for pensions in GASB Statement No. 68, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions
- A supplement to Chapter 30, Other Specialized Applications, which incorporates the provisions of GASB Statement No. 69, Government Combinations and Disposals of Government Operations, and GASB Statement No. 70, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Nonexchange Financial Guarantees;
- A supplement to Chapter 32, Other Required Supplementary Information (RSI), which addresses employer RSI for pensions consistent with the requirements of GASB StatementNo. 68;
- A new version of Chapter 36, Postemployment Benefit Plans, rewritten to reflect the new guidancefor pension plans in GASB Statement No. 67, Financial Reporting for Pension Plans; and
- A new version of Chapter 42, The Comprehensive Framework of Internal Control, rewritten consistent with the new and expanded COSO framework.
To purchase a copy using the GFOA e-store, log into your e-store account and add the GAAFR SUPPLEMENT to your cart. When you have completed your order, click on the "Download Books" tab and follow the instructions to access the e-bookfile. If you submit your order via mail, fax, or e-mail,you will receive an e-mail the GFOA eStore with steps on how to download your e-book.
The GAAFR Supplement in all its forms is copyrighted by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA). The GFOA does not permit copying or duplication in any form including both written and illustrated matter unless proper permission is obtained from the GFOA.
Copyright © 2014 by the Government Finance Officers Association. All Rights Reserved
Other Available E-Books
About GFOA E-Books
GFOA e-books are digital, downloadable versions of publications. Our e-books can bedownloaded and read on a variety of devices,such as a PC, Mac, or mobile device withe-reader applications. Once downloaded, access to the Internet is not required to read e-books. GFOA e-books are digitally rightsprotected by Adobe® and carry specific use attributes. The file format is EPUB.
Please note: To further assist you in using the material, the file settings have been configured to allow purchasers to print a working copy.