GFOA’s 20th Annual Governmental GAAP Update will take place on November 5, 2015, with an encore presentation on December 3, from 1-5 p.m. (Eastern), both days. This four-hour presentation will bring you and your staff up-to-date on a year’s worth of developments in accounting and financial reporting, including the latest GASB statements, exposure drafts, and implementation guidance. Receive 4 CPE credits.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Final guidance from the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) on fair value and its application (GASB Statement No. 72).
- Final GASB guidance on pension plans not administered through qualifying trusts (GASB Statement No. 73).
- Final GASB guidance on other postemployment benefits (GASB Statement No. 74 and GASB Statement No. 75).
- Practical application of the newest pension guidance for employers (sample journal entries for the start and end of the first year of implementation, clarification regarding the calculation of covered payroll, audit impact, and explaining the change to the public).
- Lessons learned from the implementation of GASB Statement No. 68,
- Final GASB guidance on the hierarchy of generally accepted accounting principles (GASB Statement No. 76).
- Final GASB guidance on tax abatement disclosure (GASB Statement No. 77).
- Proposed GASB standard on external investment pools (exposure draft).
- Proposed GASB standard on irrevocable split-interest agreements (exposure draft).
- Proposed GASB standard on blending requirements (exposure draft).
- GASB proposals on leases, fiduciary responsibility, and asset retirement obligations (forthcoming exposure drafts).
- GASB Technical Plan.
- Common reporting deficiencies.
Take Advantage of Registration Discounts
Early-Bird Discounts. Sign up by October 2 and take advantage of an early registration discount on the November offering (or sign up by November 6 to save on the registration fee for the December offering).
Special Group Discounts. Make a day of it and build an event around this training as an affordable way to train staff and/or educate clients. Sign up with your colleagues and save with group pricing. If you have more than 100 people to register, contact Barb Mollo, director of operations and marketing, for special pricing. (Attach the Excel group spreadsheet to your registration form.)