Minneapolis, MN (Hilton)
Past experience or basic knowledge of public sector investing.
This session is designed for finance officers, investment officers, or others that are responsible for either short or long-term investment portfolios of thier government.
Participants will learn concepts and techniques needed for effectively managing their investment portfolios. Liquidity management, investment strategies and instruments, and GFOA Treasury and Investment Management best practices will be the focus of this day-long training. Additionally, the course will focus on the importance of using an investment policy, understanding market risk in portfolios, assessing and reporting performance, and government relationships with outside professionals including broker/dealers and investment advisors.
- Review components of an investment policy
- Assess and use an array of investment instruments
- Understand cash flow forecasting and subsequent investment strategies
- Review market trends and regulatory issues that affect public investing
- Track and report on investments and investment earnings
- Implement performance benchmarks