Washington, DC (The Madison Washington DC, a Hilton Hotel)
Finance officers and debt managers who frequently issue debt and are tasked with managing the debt management program for larger and more complex governments.
This course will provide participants who are with governments that frequently issue debt with the opportunity to learn about different tools, techniques, and trends to help when issuing and managing their debt program. Instructors will address available debt instruments, market trends, the relationships between internal and external parties, the importance of disclosure responsibilities following the SEC’s MCDC initiative, and the changing regulatory landscape, among other relevant issues. The course will feature practical examples from and interactive discussion between instructors and participants on these and other debt management related topics.
- Learn how to develop and enhance existing policies and procedures based on the best practices
- Review of current market conditions, trends, and practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various debt instruments being used by larger governments and frequent issuers
- Discuss issuer disclosure and investor relations programs and opportunities
- Become intimately familiar with SEC, MSRB and IRS rulemaking that impact your debt management program