The Finance Department is recruiting for one Financial Analyst in the debt management team. The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in this Financial Analyst classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.
Under general supervision from the City’s Debt Administrator, this position is expected to perform complex financial analyses and manage complex financial processes and operations relating to the administration of the City’s debt program. This position will be a key player in the City’s debt management program. Some of the duties of this position may include:
- Performs professional level functions associated with the management, monitoring, and administration of the City-wide Debt Program.
- Effectively collaborate with City accounting and investment staff in the management of the City’s debt portfolio.
- Actively engaged in the issuance of debt across a broad range of credits including general obligation, lease revenue, airport, wastewater, sewer, land-based (assessment districts/community facilities districts) and multi-family housing revenue with a variety of tools including fixed rate bonds, variable rate bonds, commercial paper, bank loans, private placements and notes.
- Coordinate and work effectively in the bond financing team which includes City Attorney’s Office, City departments, municipal advisor, bond counsel, trustees/fiscal agent and underwriters in order to effectively manage the debt issuance process and to manage the City’s large and diverse debt portfolio.
- Maintains or supervises the maintenance of a large computerized debt management database, including maintenance of appropriate accounts.
- Coordinates investment of bond proceeds.
- Reviews outstanding debt issues and completes complex interim arbitrage calculations to determine rebate liabilities to the IRS and coordinates five-year arbitrage calculations with arbitrage rebate consultant.
- Reviews regular, periodic account statements and other reports to ensure an appropriate account management and adherence to legal requirements and conformance with City policy.
- Prepares complex financial reports and analyses as part of the City's production and presentation of financial reports.
- Utilize and manage relational database applications and run query techniques.
- Prepares annual continuing disclosure reports and necessary compliance reporting subject to Rule 15c2-12.
- Ability to analyze, process information provided by the debt administrator to complete assignments, solve complex assignments and work independently as necessary.