Department/Agency of position:
City of Dade City
Location of position:
Dade City, FL
$52,437 – $78,666
Thursday, July 11, 2019
Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Plans, evaluates, and directs the policies, programs, and operations related to the financial and budgetary activities of City government
- Directs the collection and custody of City funds.
- Supervision of employees including utility billing and accounts receivable, unless otherwise directed by the City Commission.
- Supervises the disbursement of City funds, including the processing of payroll and accounts payable.
- Maintains the general accounting system for the City in accordance with generally accepted governmental accounting principles.
- Directs and performs investment activities and bond management programs as directed by the City Commission.
- Oversees data processing functions to maintain integrity and security of information.
- Confers with the City Manager in preparing budgets and establishing controls for budget administration.
- Confers with the City Manager and department heads regarding fiscal and accounting policies, procedures and problems.
- Maintains records for pension plans, including Social Security and federal withholding.
- Prepares and distributes financial reports.
- Oversees the preparation of audit work-papers supporting the external audit process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field is required.
- Seven (7) years of experience in governmental accounting including four (4) years of experience in a responsible management position is required.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO) certificate is desirable.
- A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
- Work is performed with considerable independence under general supervision of the Finance Officer as needed.
- Supervises all staff in the Finance office.