Zone 7 Water Agency supplies treated drinking water to retailers serving approximately 240,000 residents and businesses in Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin and, through special agreement with the Dublin San Ramon Services District, the Dougherty Valley area of San Ramon. Zone 7 also supplies untreated irrigation water (mostly to vineyards) and provides flood protection to eastern Alameda County.
For more information regarding the Alameda County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, Zone 7, please visit their website at http://www.zone7water.com.
Under general direction, to develop, interpret, and implement financial concepts for financial planning, and preparation of the annual budget; to plan, organize, and conduct financial studies and analysis; to recommends and assist with the implementation of policy, procedure and system modifications; perform relate analysis, to assist by providing financial support within the Administration Services Division, Zone 7, and perform other duties as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate has experience with a proven track record of success that demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of and experience with financial analysis in a water agency or public agency, including: developing rates and charges, developing and administering operational and Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) budgets, cash management and cash flow analysis, financial reporting and modeling and performing complex and technical analyses on debt issuances and refinances.
- Understands and applies Agency, County and other governmental rules and regulations affecting Agency financial systems functions.
- Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity.
- Uses resources to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and shows good judgment in decision making.
- Takes ownership of work done and results accomplished.
- Adept at working with multiple software systems and proficient with MS Excel, 10-key and web-based resources.
- Effectively presents and receives information and concepts, in both written and oral formats.