The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) will offer an encore presentation of its 20th Annual Governmental GAAP Update live-streaming training event on December 3, 1:00−5:00 pm Eastern. The training will provide comprehensive coverage of the most recent developments in accounting and financial reporting for state and local governments, including:
- Final guidance from the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) on fair value and its application (GASB Statement No. 72);
- Final GASB guidance on pension plans not administered through qualifying trusts (GASB Statement No. 73);
- Final GASB guidance on other postemployment benefits (GASB Statement No. 74 and GASB Statement No. 75);
- Practical application of the newest pension guidance for employers (sample journal entries for the start and end of the first year of implementation, clarification regarding the calculation of covered payroll, audit impact, and explaining the change to the public);
- Lessons learned from the implementation of GASB Statement No. 68;
- Final GASB guidance on the hierarchy of generally accepted accounting principles (GASB Statement No. 76);
- Final GASB guidance on tax abatement disclosure (GASB Statement No. 77);
- Proposed GASB standard on external investment pools (exposure draft);
- Proposed GASB standard on irrevocable split-interest agreements (exposure draft);
- Proposed GASB standard on blending requirements (exposure draft);
- GASB proposals on leases, fiduciary responsibility, and asset retirement obligations (forthcoming exposure drafts);
- GASB Technical Plan; and
- Common reporting deficiencies.
The 20th Annual Governmental GAAP Update will be presented by Stephen J. Gauthier and Steven A. Solomon. Gauthier is the Director of GFOA’s Technical Services Center and author of Governmental Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (GAAFR or “Blue Book”) and numerous other GFOA publications. Solomon is the Deputy Director of GFOA’s Technical Services Center and a regular speaker and writer on accounting, auditing, and financial reporting topics for the GFOA.
For more information and to register, visit www.gfoa.org. Group discounts are available. If you have more than 100 people to sign up, contact Barb Mollo, Director of Operations and Marketing, at 312.977.9700 or via email for special pricing. Four continuing professional education (CPE) credits will be available for each participant. If you have any questions on the program, contact the GFOA.