Enhance your leadership skills and advance your career trajectory with participation in the immersive GFOA Leadership Academy at the College of Charleston. This weeklong training session provides ambitious public and government finance professionals an opportunity to bolster their leadership and management skills to better serve their communities.
Attendees will participate in self-assessments and working sessions and hear from industry leaders in a weeklong experience designed to help lift them to the next levels in their public service careers. Representative sessions include:
- Self-assessments and other behavioral insights designed to help participants understand how they work—and how they can best contribute to their organizations
- Leadership skills for the 21st century
- Characteristics of great organizations
- You and your organization
- Values of public service
- Case study preparation and presentations
- Leadership discussions and reflections, and more
The 2019 Academy will take place October 13 to 18 on the campus of the College of Charleston in Charleston, SC. Click on the image to the right to access the program brochure, which includes information on program costs and confirmed speakers. Attendees are chosen through an application process, with a class size limited to 35 individuals. Approximately 30 CPEs will be earned for the week.
The application can be accessed at the following links:
If you have any questions, please contact us.