Membership Information and Forms
|Become a new member||Become a new member and register for a training seminar simultaneously||Become a new member and register for the annual conference simultaneously|
GFOA does not currently have online membership renewal. You may fax (312-977-4806), mail, or e-mail your remittance.
- Membership Application (PDF)
- GFOA Membership Fee Schedule
- Online Membership Transfer/Update Form
- Membership Transfer/Update Form (PDF download)
Membership in the GFOA is open to everyone whose career, studies or interests involve government financial management. GFOA members form a diverse group of individuals, from entry-level employees to senior managers who work for a broad range of governments, including cities, towns, and other municipalities of all sizes; county governments; school districts and special districts; public employee retirement systems; states and provinces; schools of administration and public affairs; libraries; federal agencies; and accounting firms, law firms, investment banks, and consulting institutions.
For over a century, government finance professionals have relied upon the GFOA to provide timely information, practical educational opportunities, high-quality professional publications, and the latest information on best practices. In doing so, the GFOA offers public-sector finance professionals an unparalleled opportunity to:
- obtain how-to instruction on a wide range of financial topics,
- enhance their technical skills,
- broaden their knowledge and deepen their expertise,
- achieve professional recognition,
- coordinate efforts with colleagues,
- develop leadership skills, and
- network with peers.
Members receive the latest information on developments in all aspects of public finance. They also enjoy many opportunities to participate in continuing professional education training that fosters their professional growth and career advancement. Members receive special discounts on GFOA products and services.
- Government Practicing public finance professional from a government unit. Each government unit is automatically assigned a specific number of active members based upon size, which is included in the base membership fee.
- Additional: Practicing public finance professional from a government unit above those included in the base membership fee.
- Associate: Individuals interested in public finance but practicing in the private sector. Includes accounting and law firms, investment banks, financial institutions, and consulting firms.
- Educational: Full-time unemployed students, or full-time educators from a college or university.
- Retired: Retired former active members (government employee). If your government is already a member of the GFOA, arrange to become an ADDITIONAL member and you will be eligible for full benefits at a reduced rate.