Department/Agency of position:
County of Galveston Professional Services Department
Location of position:
$139,100 – $155,000
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Thursday, October 17, 2019
This position is responsible for directing financial and administrative functions for county government.
- College degree (Master Degree preferred)
- 10+ years of experience working in accounting and finance or related fields
- Experience in large-scale government budget development preferred
- Customer Service Oriented • Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong Communications and Interpersonal Skills and the Ability to Work Well with the Public
- Must have proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- xcellent Management Skills
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must pass Criminal Background check
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides general supervision over county budget and investment operations.
- Develops and implements county-wide strategic plans, policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development of the county’s annual and multi-year operational and capital project budgets; develops annual spending targets for departments; reviews, clarifies, analyzes, and makes recommendations in regards to departmental budget submissions and auditor revenue estimates.
- Monitors and enforces the county’s budget, including reviewing progress reports and projections, developing financial strategies, and recommending mid-year modifications to Commissioners’ Court as required.
- Researches, identifies and proposes for implementation program or process modifications.
- Monitors county cash flow to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet county expenditure requirements.
- Works with County Treasurer to plan for adequate cash liquidity to meet county needs while maximizing earnings.
- Reports to Commissioners’ Court concerning budget progress, investment conditions, health and insurance plan conditions, risk management and other related topics.
- Provides advice regarding county policies and procedures, fiscal operations, legislation, and other executive-level issues affecting the county.
- Monitors liability exposure and develops recommendations to reduce the liability.
- Works with vendors to plan, implement, and maintain county-wide programs and processes such as health plan, audits, and insurance.
- Supervises Contracts Services
- Develops the annual GFOA Program budget.
- Able to report regularly for work and be on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.