This webinar is for any finance officer or other government employee leading or participating in a process improvement initiative. The session will provide practical guidance on both the technical skills of process improvement and the leadership capabilities necessary to drive change.
When “it’s the way we’ve always done it” no longer satisfies as an answer, local governments turn to process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies, reduce redundancy, streamline approval processes, tighten internal controls, and better utilize technology across a wide variety of administrative processes. For many governments, these project are not easy as they often involve technology, change, and at times breaking down customs that may have a long history in an organization. However, using simple tools, an effective approach that includes key stakeholders from across the organization, and sound project management and communications, these projects can be very successful. In this webinar, speakers will present on overall methodologies for process improvement, provide specific practical tips for getting started, discuss a variety of scenarios to apply key tools, and provide tips on managing the project. In addition, GFOA will provide standardized business process flows to serve as a benchmarking tool for common administrative processes.
- Learn basics of common process improvement methodologies
- Identify common tools used to facilitate process improvement
- Learn about standardized processes that can improve efficiency
- Identify the role of technology in process improvement
- Determine how to identify key stakeholders in an process improvement effort
- Share samples of process improvement documentation
- Learn how to initiate a process improvement effort at various levels of the organization