The following information for prospective applicants and partcipants is related to earning CPE Credit during the GFOA Leadership Academy. By attending the program, participants will earn approximately 30 CPEs. If you have any questions regarding earning CPE during the program, please contact us.
Training Type: Live
Instructional Delivery Methods: Classroom Learning
- Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Finance, Behavioral Ethics, Personal Development
- Learning Objectives
- Self-assessments and other behavioral insights designed to help participants understand how they work—and how they can best contribute to their organizations
- Leadership skills for the 21st century
- Characteristics of great organizations
- Values of public service
- Experience in leadership positions and initiatives in a government organization
- Strong interest in advancing in organization and/or field of public finance
- Advanced Preparation
- Complete self-assessment tool
- Read case studies and complete assigned work prior to arrival at Leadership Academy
- Registration and Attendance Requirements: Individuals must apply to attend the Leadership Academy. If selected to attend, participants are expected to attend the entire program.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Participants may cancel no later than Friday, September 20, 2019, for the current program to receive a full refund of program fees. All cancellations received by that day will incur a $20 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after that date. Substitutions will not be accepted. Cancellation notices must be submitted in writing by fax to (312) 977-4806 or e-mail the program administrator. On occasion, speakers are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. The GFOA will attempt to notify attendees in advance via e-mail, phone, or via our website. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our attendees.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) certificate: Each participant will receive a CPE certificate approximately three weeks after the program. This certificate verifies that you attended the program and it should be kept with your CPE documents. Please note that training registrations must be paid in full before a CPE certificate will be mailed to the participant.
Inquiries: For information regarding administrative policies such as complaints and refunds, please contact the GFOA via e-mail or at 312-977-9700.
GFOA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.