Proposed By-Law Updates
At GFOA’s Women’s Public Finance Network (WFPN) annual business meeting and luncheon on May 19, 2019, WPFN officers will propose changes to WPFN’s existing by-laws. A vote will take place at the luncheon to consider adoption of the revised by-laws.
WPFN officers have been engaging in discussions on the overall purpose and role of the WPFN. To provide clarity, WPFN officers are proposing updates to the existing by-laws to solidify the mission and the group’s structure. Key changes include:
- Simplifying the purpose of WPFN to get at its core
- Revising the titles and duties of officers to reflect organizational governance
- Establishing subcommittees to support activities related to WPFN’s purpose
- Reducing the term of WPFN officers to one year to afford members additional leadership opportunities
Draft Strategic Plan
WPFN recruited members to take part in a strategic planning exercise in October 2018. Created with their guidance, this draft plan focuses on WPFN’s efforts on:
- Communications: Developing a communications strategy is crucial to the reach of WPFN.
- Programming: Providing relevant programming is important to support and engage WPFN members.
- Mentorship: Mentoring fosters careers and is a vital program for WPFN.
At WPFN’s annual luncheon, WPFN officers will present the strategic plan for consideration for adoption by membership.