How to Submit a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) to the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program
GFOA is pleased to introduce our Awards Management System (AMS) for the CAFR Award Program. CAFR agencies will now submit their CAFR and application through the AMS and will retrieve their results in the system once the CAFR review is completed. The AMS is provided by Laserfiche, a name which you will see when you log into your account. Below are some guidelines for getting started.
Logging in for the first time
Please note that the registration process has been modified to provide enhanced security and differs slightly from the process described in the training webinar.
To access the Awards Management System for the first time to submit an application or request an extension, governments will need to log in to the CAFR registration form in GFOA’s e-store https://estore.gfoa.org/imis15/CAFRAWARD to register:
You will then be presented with a screen to verify your registration information. If any information needs to be updated, click the link to contact member services to update it. If all is correct, click the button that says “Submit to the CAFR Award Review System” at the bottom of the screen. This will submit your registration.
After registering, you will receive an email with a link to Laserfiche Forms https://lf.gfoa.org/Forms and your username and a temporary password (which you will be instructed to reset the first time you log in).
Submitting an application to the CAFR Program
- Log in to Laserfiche Forms using the link provided https://lf.gfoa.org/Forms
- Enter the username and password provided in the email you received. Update the password to one of your choosing.
- Select “Start Process” at the top of the screen in the blue band.
- Click on the green “Start” button to the right of “CAFR Application” to open and complete the application form. You can view a copy of the application form here.
Retrieving results of a review
- You’ll receive an email letting you know that the review of your CAFR has been completed.
- If you submitted your CAFR before June 1, 2020, the email will include a link and a temporary password for logging into Laserfiche Forms. Do so. The email will also contain a link to your result documents.
- If you submitted after June 1st and have already registered, the email will contain a link directly to your result documents. Follow the link to access your documents in the Customer Package folder in your government’s folder in the Repository.
If you have questions about submitting an application, requesting an extension, or retrieving results of a review, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org