Under the directions of the City Manager, this person will serve as a department head and administer the financial affairs of the City to include all accounting, auditing, and budgeting systems and functions. Additional responsibilities will include oversight of Utility Billing and collection. Must have extensive knowledge in accounting theory, principles, practice and knowledge of Georgia statutes as they relate to local government financial practices.
Job Requirements: The successful candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Five to seven years of progressive responsible financial management experience in governmental accounting and reporting with three or more years of administration supervisory experience or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Excellent communications skills, including public and written presentations, high proficiency in MS Office applications and financial software systems, ability to represent the City in a variety of situations and venues, and work collaboratively with citizens, elected officials, outside agencies and city staff.
- Experience working with federal and state grants and capital improvement plans preferred.
- Ability to be bonded.