Brevard Public Schools is the 49th largest district in the U.S. and the 10th largest district in Florida. As the largest employer in Brevard County, BPS employs 9,300 staff members serving approximately 73,000 students annually. With 83 schools, 10 special centers, and 12 charter schools, the district educates its students in 17 different municipalities across the Space Coast. Brevard Public School's goal is to serve our community and enhance students' lives by delivering the highest quality education in a culture of dedication, collaboration and learning.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: Serve every student with excellence as the standard.
Brevard Public Schools on the Space Coast of Central Florida is now accepting resumes and letters of interest for the following administrative opening:
Chief Financial Officer – Base salary range: $125,000 – $140,000 annually
Interested candidates should send their resume and letter of interest to Ms. Linda Nevil, Administrative Assistant to the Deputy Superintendent, 2700 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL 32940, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All applicants must complete an application packet via our employment application page at www.brevardschools.org and select the Careers tab.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education required. Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant certificate (CPA) preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of management, accounting, and budget coordination experience with responsibilities related to the financial/business operations of a school district or comparable experiences with operating budgets in excess of $200 million annually, with a minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory or administrative role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures for school districts and similar governmental agencies; knowledge of financial and business operations of school districts; knowledge of computers and applications.
- Knowledge of organizational and management theory and practice.
- Ability to facilitate group processes in consensus building and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated success working with groups; establishing goals, objectives and action places to produce expected goals.
- Ability to apply knowledge in problem-solving situations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, recommend and implement workable solutions.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles, Florida’s FEFP funding system, and cost accounting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with principals, teachers, parents, legislators, and the general public.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Possess a high degree of mathematical and analytical skill, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize effectively and present information in a concise understandable manner to large groups.
- Knowledge of state statutes as they relate to the District’s business operations.
- Knowledge of organizational behavior; ability to manage.
- Knowledge of Florida laws and regulations governing school districts.