Responsible for providing skilled financial, administrative and technical work in receipt, expenditure and custody of municipal funds. Provide assistance to Treasurer/Collector to discharge duties of his/her office including timely disbursement of associated state and federal reporting requirements, collection of revenue and reconciliation activities as required. This person will also supervise daily activities of clerk within the Collector's Office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The essential functions or duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or logically assigned to the position.
- Provides daily supervision and oversight of collector’s office staff and scheduling of daily tasks.
- Performs daily reconciliation of all deposits, web payments and staff cash drawers.
- Processes municipal lien certificates.
- Interacts with and provides assistance to other departments within City Hall as well as the public.
- Posts and records tax abatements.
- Posts and prints all real estate and personal property tax bills quarterly in cooperation with other departments.
- Issues monthly refunds and returned checks/web charge backs.
- Coordinates the post dates and due dates of water/sewer citywide and monthly billing.
- Posts the motor vehicle (excise) commitments.
- Updates motor vehicle (excise bills) to demand, warrant, and final warrant and flagged at RMV.
- Advertises tax delinquencies in the local newspaper
- Performs all weekly, monthly and annual reporting requirements including monthly and year end closing and balancing
- Oversees the 40U process including ensuring payments are applied to the correct account, reconciling balances and coordinating with the Health and Inspectional Services Departments.
- Ensures that all staff adheres to applicable Massachusetts General Laws.
- Performs other related duties as required.