The purpose of this position is to safeguard the Town’s assets through the financial planning and direction of the Town’s financial activities. This is accomplished through the development of the Town’s budget and overseeing the management of revenues, expenditures, capital assets, and treasury funds. This position supervises the Finance Department consisting of three employees, conducts performance evaluation, directs and assists employees and responds to employee inquires. Other duties include completing required financial reporting and review of financial reports. The Finance Manager also develops the Town’s strategic financial plans, oversees the management of the Town’s debt, and interacts with other Town employees and citizens.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in municipal finance, accounting, budget and/or municipal administration. With at least 3 years of direct municipal finance experience.
- Valid Texas drivers’ license with a safe driving record.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Government Finance Officer designation is preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Job duties and responsibilities are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, monitoring and reporting on, the Town's annual budget for all funds.
- Plans, directs and manages the day to day activities and operations of the Finance Department.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates activities for the financial audit, review papers, reconcile differences, explain variances, answer questions and explain unusual items and fluctuations.
- Ensures fiscal, cash and debt management of the Town.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to work towards accomplishing a common vision as a team with Town Management, Town Council and Departments.
- Assist with preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) by preparing financial statements, reviewing auditor proposed adjustments, prepare transmittal letters, and prepare supplementary schedules and statistical sections. Review financial exhibits in the CAFR and evaluate the CAFR for accuracy, appropriateness, clarity, and completeness.
- Review official statements for bond issues and continuing disclosures documents for the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Oversee general ledger closing activities, ensuring the proper posting of payables, receivables, investments and other entries, completing year-end closing.
- Research and monitor departmental operations and administrative projects and recommend solutions regarding various departmental and administrative functions and projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Climate controlled office with minimal exposure to inclement weather. Regular work hours M-F 8 to 5 including some evenings and weekends. Exposure to computer screens, sitting for prolonged periods, walking, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 35 pounds. Need manual dexterity and visual acuity. Must be able to operate assigned equipment and to adhere to all safety guidelines. Work is performed in an office and requires periods of intense concentration over extended periods with frequent interruptions for questions and advice. Stress associated with competing priorities and time deadlines is occasionally an element of the position and must be recognized and successfully managed.
THE TOWN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR REVISE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE NEED ARISES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WRITTEN OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
URL to Apply for Position: