The State Accounting and Financial Reporting section is comprised of a team of accountants who have fun while getting the job done! They are enthusiastic about producing timely and accurate financial statements for the state and enjoy a good debate on how new GASB should be implemented. They are team oriented and motivated professionals who perform the following:
- Assist in the development of statewide accounting policies relating to state and federal regulations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting
- Assist in the preparation of the State’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) including footnote disclosures;
- Assist in the preparation of the Statewide Cost Allocation Plan (SWCAP);
- Participate in workgroups to research, analyze, and implement new Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) accounting guidance;
- Work with agencies by providing technical assistance, coordination of fiscal year-end requirements and with reporting/disclosure information;
- Approve transactions for agencies that require additional review to ensure compliance with state policies.