Under general direction, manage the activities and personnel of a division/section of the Controller’s Office with responsibility for specific financial programs such as financial reporting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, internal controls, fixed assets, etc. This position will oversee two of the four divisions of the Controller’s office.
To ensure consideration, candidates should apply by Friday, March 20, 2020. To apply, candidates must complete this online application.
Interested candidates should apply early in the process for optimum consideration. This posting will remain open until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to Accounting, Business, or Finance.
- Eight (8) years of accounting or financial reporting experience, including three (3) years in a supervisory/management capacity.
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or other relevant field may substitute for one (1) year of experience; a CPA designation may substitute for the education requirement.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader that is detail-oriented, has the ability to analyze a situation and make recommendations, and implement changes in a fast-paced department. With the ability to look beyond one’s work group and see the big picture, the ideal candidate will also have the ability to make presentations to City Council. In addition, the ideal candidate will also possess:
- Accounting Experience- Governmental Accounting
- Effective Communicator- Demonstrates the ability to convey and receive information and ideas in an open, clear, and articulate manner with respect to cultural differences and others’ perspectives. Ability to take the complex and simplify for others not familiar with the subject matter.
- Exceptional Leadership Skills- Uses appropriate judgment to handle critical, problematic, or a striking set of conditions with focus, ownership, and accountability.
- Strategic Thinker -Enables others to better understand and implement the vision and strategy, while being the aligned forward thinker, has the ability to formulate and communicate sound business strategy, and implement clearly and concisely.
- Community Collaboration- Experience in collaborating and presenting to internal and external stakeholders on projects and programs that might include public outreach, council updates, and program implementation.
- Results Driven- Ability to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Agility- Ability to effectively manage changes and guide those changes through significant challenges.