The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of supervisor duties and to perform advanced accounting duties involved in the processing of the Agency's payroll, and testing and implementing the payroll systems. This position is expected to display considerable initiative in identifying ways to improve and/or streamline processes and internal controls within their areas of responsibility, as well as meeting deadlines.
The Payroll Supervisor shall contribute to team efforts and represents Agency core values in the performance of duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a closely related field; AND five (5) years of responsible experience performing the payroll functions including two years of supervisory experience; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed below
- Three or more years of supervisory experience is highly desirable;
- Experience in a governmental entity;
- Experience processing payroll using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; Experience with computer (PC) software applications (example: Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat) is highly desirable.
Positions may require:
- Valid Arizona Driver's License
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a background check.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes;
- Applicable federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to payroll administration;
- Principles and procedures of payroll processing, accounting, financial record keeping and reporting;
- Customer service principles and procedures;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.