DuPage County is located just 30 miles west of the City of Chicago in north-eastern Illinois. The primary objective of DuPage County Government is to serve the residents of the County. The importance of serving the public with courtesy and respect is recognized by all employees. DuPage County Government is continuously working to provide a wide array of services necessary for its population.
Position: Chief Financial Officer
Currently, DuPage County Government is accepting applications for the position of Chief Financial Officer. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develops, implements and administers financial management components including financial reporting, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, cost reporting and annual budget related to County resources as well as grants
- Administers self-insurance programs, long term debt financials, financial audits and tax objection cases with the State’s Attorney’s office.
- Oversees the operations of the Purchasing division
- Oversees the Risk Management functions for the County
- Functions as a member of the County’s management team to resolve issues and implement plans of action
- Ensures the Finance department is administering best practices and procedures using various financial computer systems
- Oversees the development and completion of the County’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Provides County Board with explanation of financial issues such as long-term planning, decisions, and debt service
- Develops reports regarding the annual budgets and presents findings to the County Board.
- Monitors expenditures to identify trends or developments that will impact operations
- Performs related tasks as assigned
The qualified candidates will possess a Master’s degree’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in financial management or CPA and ten years of experience in financial management including seven years in management level position; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with Financial software systems
- Public Sector experience
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., plus evenings and weekends as required