The City of Ashland seeks a Finance Director who has organizational leadership, financial acumen, strategic business thinking, and effective leadership and communication skills. In this role you will be the City Administrator’s strategic financial partner, lead a staff of 15 and play a leading role in supporting the great work the City of Ashland provides its citizens.
Our ideal candidate enjoys working closely and collaboratively with staff and department heads, excels at budget development and forecasting, appreciates the culture of the community and has solid debt servicing, bond market and investment experience.
Background and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in public and/or business administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Progressively responsible experience in upper-level management.
- Public sector accounting/financial management experience.
- Combination of experience and training demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the duties of the position.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in public/business administration or related field, working knowledge of Oregon budget law, and financial management experience in a municipal government that is similar to or larger than the city of Ashland is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by June 5th for first consideration at:
Question? Contact Tina Gray at:
Mark your calendar for these Important Dates:
June 29th & 30th – Interviews