The Finance Department has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst. Under the supervision of the Finance Director, this is an advanced level position with a high level of responsibility within the Finance Department. The Senior Financial Analyst will perform complex financial analyses, create and approve journal entries, serve as a liaison to the other City Departments while providing exceptional customer service. Must be a self-motivated, results-oriented, strategic thinker, with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in finance, accounting, business or public administration, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree and CGFO (Preferred).
- Two years of experience in a related position required.
- Or any combination of related education, experience, certifications, and licenses resulting in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job.
Summary of Duties:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Record financial transactions through journal entries and maintain the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist with the management of grant funding.
- Research, analyze, and make recommendations to management regarding various finance-related issues.
- Assist with the areas of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Develop or modify procedures and policies relating to financial processes and internal control.
- Assist with the annual audit process.
- Complete financial projects and other duties assigned.
Other Conditions of Employment:
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and hear; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and perform repetitive movements of hands or wrists.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this class, an employee uses written and oral communication skills; reads and interprets data, information, and documents;
analyzes and solves problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; performs highly detailed work; deals with multiple concurrent tasks; and interacts with others encountered in the course of work, including frequent contact with customers and/or the public and potentially dissatisfied individuals.
- The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is usually quiet. Certain positions within the classification may require availability to work a
- flexible schedule.
Submit a cover letter and employment application to Human Resources at 115 West Brown Street, Ennis, TX 75119, or email to email@example.com or fax to (972) 875.2301. Download employment application online at http://www.ennistx.gov/Job-Opportunties.
Position Open Until Filled
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE