Charleston, SC (Hyatt Place/House)
Currently working at organization planning for or considering ERP project.
NOTE: This class is not availale for vendors or others not employed by a government.
Project managers, project team members, or other staff tasked with leading, coordinating, or participating in an ERP selection project.
This course will focus on preparing students to participate in an ERP implementation project. Participants will learn the different approaches ERP companies use to install systems. The ERP implementation process will be broken down and examined from pre-implementation to post-implementation. Special emphasis will be placed on project readiness and critical steps that all governments should be doing BEFORE contracting with a software vendor. Additionally, the class will highlight the expectations of the vendor and the customer during the implementation process. Participants will learn how to set-up appropriate project governance, identify goals, define requirements, prepare an RFP, evaluate vendors, and ultimatley begin momentum for a successful implementation.
- Understand what makes for a successful project and how to avoid common mistakes
- Evaluate risks going into a project and assess organizational readiness
- Identify current market trends
- Learn how to develop an RFP that attracts competitive proposals
- Identify differentiators among proposals
- Lean how to conduct demos
- Identify strategies for effective contract negotiations