Basic understanding of private-sector accounting and financial reporting.
Accountants and auditors new to the public sector.
Accountants and auditors new to the public sector must immediately face the daunting challenge of familiarizing themselves with the highly specialized rules, guidelines, and practices applicable to state and local governments.
This is the fifth in a series of seven internet sessions, intended for those who already possess at least a basic knowledge of private-sector accounting, to help newcomers make this difficult, but essential, transition.
This session addresses component units and fiduciary fund accounting and financial reporting.
Those who successfully complete this seminar should obtain a solid understanding of each of the following:
- Identifying component units,
- Identifying fiduciary activities,
- Fiduciary fund accounting,
- Fiduciary fund statement of net position,
- Fiduciary fund statement of changes in net position, and
- Component unit reporting.