Thank you for registering for the GFOA's Annual Governmenal GAAP Update web-streaming event, using the latest video and audio streaming technology to allow for participants to train from their home or office. In order to best assist you with the regsistration process and technical concerns, please review the following list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- What topics will this year’s program cover?
Please see the program brochure.
- What time will the event begin?
The web stream will begin at 1:00 pm (Eastern) on November 7 and December 5 and at 12:00 pm (Eastern) on January 16. Please adjust the start of the program to your individual time zone. Participants will be able to begin connecting to the stream 20 minutes before the start of the program. Click here to access a time zone converter.
- Are there breaks built into the training?
Yes. Once the agenda is finalized, it will be posted and will include the break times.
- Will I be able to interact with the program?
The GAAP Update will feature a live-chat function in which participants can e-mail questions and receive answers from the GFOA technical services staff. The program will also feature interactive polling questions.
- Will there be any tests I need to perform on my computer to make sure the program will run smoothly on the day of the event?
We encourage you to test your computer in advance. To do so, direct your web browser to: http://events.commpartners.com/webcasts/browsertestor/. If you can see and hear the video, your browser is compatible. If not, please contact your IT administrator for assistance.
The test should be completed from the same computer that you will use to view the training. If you are participating with a group of people, only one individual needs to perform the test on the computer that will be used to view the program.
We do not want there to be any interruptions on the day of the event. Therefore, we cannot stress enough the importance of working with your IT department immediately if there is a problem with the test.
- I am experiencing technical difficulties. Whom can I contact?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the help line at 1-800-274-9390.
A technical FAQ is also available for more in depth troubleshooting.
- When will I receive the presentation slides to follow along with the program?
You will be e-mailed the instructions, program link, and presentation slides a few days prior to the presentation.
Please add email@example.com to your allowed senders list, or work with your IT department to make sure you receive e-mails from this address in your inbox.
- How do I connect on the day of the training?
GFOA will send an e-mail that contains a link to the presentation. It will be sent a few days prior to the GAAP Update.
- Should my registered group view the presentation on multiple computers or should we project it onto a screen for multiple people to watch together?
It is better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the session running on 1 computer in a conference room than to have 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- We have multiple participants sharing one computer; how can we ensure everyone will receive proper credit?
On the day of the event, when you open the log-in page for the program, there will be an open text box enabling you to enter multiple participant names. This information will be captured in a report to generate CPE credits. If there were multiple registered participants sharing one computer at your location, please list each individual’s name in this box.
This will be your only opportunity to enter the names of the participants. If you are watching the program alone on your computer, please do not write your name in the text box. Your information has already been captured for CPE credit when you first logged onto the program.
Registration fee is per person and is required regardless of the individual's need for CPE credit.
- We want to register more participants to our group. How do we go about registering them?
Take advantage of group discounts. Register groups by attaching the November, December, or January group registration template to your registration form and e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing it to 312.977.4806.
- I am registered for the GAAP Update but now cannot attend. Can someone from my staff attend in my place?
We allow a one-for-one substitution for government entities only. Please e-mail a written request of the change to training.
- I am unable to participate in on the day of the November presentation of the GAAP Update. Will the program be available to watch at a different time?
Encore presentations will be offered on December 5, 2019, and January 16, 2020. Please e-mail training if you want to transfer to an encore presentation. All requests for date changes received within seven days of the course start date will incur a $25 transfer fee.
- How many CPE credits are available? When will I receive my CPE certificate in the mail?
Four CPE credits are available (Field of study: Accounting (Governmental). A CPE certificate will be mailed to each registered individual approximately 2 -3 weeks after the event. Any participant with an outstanding amount due will not receive a certificate until the balance has been settled.
Other questions? E-mail training.